GENERAL INFORMATION REGARDING RIGHT TO INFORMATION
- What is Right To Information?
- inspection of work, documents, records;
- taking notes, extracts or certified copies of documents or records;
- taking certified samples of material;
- obtaining information in the form of diskettes, floppies, tapes,
- How to make request for obtaining information?
- the Central Public Information Officer or State Public Information Officer, as the case may be, of the concerned public authority;
- the Central Assistant Public Information Officer or State Assistant Public Information Officer, as the case may be, specifying the particulars of the information sought by him or her:
- An applicant making request for information shall not be required to give any reason for requesting the information or any other personal details except those that may be necessary for contacting him.
- Where an application is made to a public authority requesting for an information,
- which is held by another public authority; or
- the subject matter of which is more closely connected with the functions of another public authority,
- Form for seeking the information under Section 6 of the Right to Information Act, 2005.
- Fee and Cost for Information
- Short title and commencement -
- Short title and commencement -
- These rules may be called the Right to Information ( Regulation of Fee and Cost ) Rules, 2005.
- They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
- Definition - In the rules, unless the context otherwise requires, -
- 'Act' means the Right to Information Act, 2005;
- 'section' means section of the Act;
- all other words and expression used herein but not defined and defined in the Act shall have the meanings assigned to them in the Act.
- A request for obtaining information under sub-section (1) of section 6 shall be accompanied by an application fee of rupees ten by way of cash against proper receipt or by demand draft or bankers cheque payable to the Accounts Officer of the public authority.
- For providing the information under sub-section (1) of section 7, the fee shall be charged by way of cash against proper receipt or by demand draft or bankers cheque payable to the Accounts Officer of the public authority at following rates:-
- rupees two for each page ( in A-4 or A-3 size paper) created or copied;
- actual charge or cost price of a copy in large size paper;
- actual cost or price for samples or models; and
- for inspection of records, no fee for the first hour; and a fee or rupees five for each fifteen minutes ( or fraction thereof) thereafter.
- For providing the information under sub-section (5) of section 7, the fee shall be charged by way of cash against proper receipt or by demand draft or bankers cheque payable to the Accounts Officer of the public authority at following rates:-
- for information provided in diskette or floppy rupees fifty per diskette or floppy; and
- for information provided in printed form at the price fixed for such publication or rupees two per page of photocopy for extracts from the publication.
As per Section 2(j) of the Right to Information Act, 2005, right to information means the right to information accessible under this Act which is held by or under the control of any public authority and includes the right to
video cassettes or in any other electronic mode or through print outs where such information is stored in a computer or in any other device.
As per Section 6 of the Right to Information Act, 2005, (1) a person, who desires to obtain any information under this Act, shall make a request in writing or through electronic means in English or Hindi or in the official language of the area in which the application is being made, accompanying such fee as may be prescribed, to
Provided that where such request cannot be made in writing, the Central Public Information Officer or State Public Information Officer, as the case may be, shall render all reasonable assistance to the person making the request orally to reduce the same in writing.
the public authority, to which such application is made, shall transfer the application or such part of it as may be appropriate to that other public authority and inform the applicant immediately about such transfer:
Provided that the transfer of an application pursuant to this sub-section shall be made as soon as practicable but in no case later than five days from the date of receipt of the application.
The Central Assistant Public Information Officer / The Central Public Information Officer [ Delete whichever is not applicable]
Right to Information Cell Import,
O/o the Commissioner of Customs (Import/Export/General),
New Custom House,
Ballard Estate, Mumbai 1.
Sub: Application for seeking Information u/s 6 of the Right To
Information Act, 2005 and payment of prescribed fees reg.
I seek the following information under Section 6 of the ËœRight to Information Act, 2005 and the details of the payment of prescribed fees are given below:-
1. Mode of payment : Cash/DD/Banker cheque/IPO
2. Details of DD/Bankers cheque/IPO
Challan No. & Date :
3. Amount paid
(evidence enclosed) :
4. Name and Address of the
applicant or the address to which
information is to be sent :
5. Phone Number :
6. E Mail Address :
7. Details of Information sought
(please annexe extra page if space
below is inadequate). :
Date : SIGNATURE OF APPLICANT
(The applicant has to pay the prescribed fees through a TR-6 challan under Miscellaneous Heading, at the Cash Department, 1st Floor, New Custom House, Ballard Estate, Mumbai 01. The amount can be paid by way of cash or by draft/banker cheque drawn in favour of ËœRBI A/c, Commissioner of Customs, Mumbai .)
For Fee and Cost for Information sought / the text of The Right to Information (Regulation of Fee and Cost) Rules, 2005 are reproduced below:-