The Custom House, Mumbai existed much before, 1878 when the Sea Custom Act, 1878 was enacted, which was subsequently replaced by Custom Act, 1962. Initially, the jurisdiction of Custom House, Bombay extended over the port and city limits of Bombay
- Acknowledge declarations, intimations, applications, returns and all communications on the spot and in any case within 7 days of their receipt.
- Respond to all communication within 15 working days of its receipt.
- Settle any disputes relating to declarations or assessments within 10 working days of receipt of your written or oral explanation.
- Refund amounts due to you within 30 working days of receiving a valid claim.
- Pay any duty drawback due to you within 48 hours of the export of the goods in case of electronic declarations and 15 days in case of paper declarations.
- Release, where your declaration relating to ...